We all love a bit of ice cream. Some people call it the food of the gods but we just call it an essential part of any happy family. Plus nothing is quicker and easier than serving a couple of scoops with some fresh fruit and crushed biscuits when you’ve got guests.
Yes, ice cream is a sure-fire crowd pleaser and we’ve got a secret to making it at home without a fancy appliance. All you need is a bit of freezer space and a bit of patience.
You will need a mixer, a couple of bowls and only 3 ingredients
This recipe is ideal for school holidays when your kids want to make a sweet treat at home.
- 500ml of heavy whipping cream
- Tin of condensed milk
- 5ml vanilla essence/extract
How To Make It:
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. TOP TIP: Be careful not to over whip the cream. The rule of thumb is that the cream is done when you pull the beaters out and the cream is firm.
- In another large bowl, whisk the vanilla essence into the sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula, slowly mixing the two together so it stays light and fluffy.
- If making individual flavours, scoop the cream mixture into smaller bowls and gently fold in your desired mix-ins, or if making just one flavour, mix the ingredients directly into the cream mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an insulated tub and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Ideas For Flavour Mixes:
- Take some chopped strawberries and add it to the mix with some strawberry milk powder – it tastes just like a milkshake!
- Take some chopped chocolate and add it to the mix with some chocolate milk powder – you can go even further and add in some chocolate biscuits or toasted nuts if you like. YUM!
- Add your favourite sweeties – we love jelly babies or sugar-coated chocolates.
- Add some tinned mango and add the syrup for a fresh and tropical taste sensation.
It cannot be easier. All we can say is, GET INTO MY BELLY! Enjoy!
Enjoy these TastyTips?
PS. Have one of your own? Let us know in the comment section below.
Like this article? Share it with your friends.