Everyone loves a hot and fresh-out-the-oven Ital Pizza Familia, so the idea is to use this all time favourite as your star performer. There are five different variants in the Familia range: one for each day of the week (if you are that way inclined). But try to mix it up during the week by using different side dishes that even fussy eaters will enjoy. Here are a few easy dinner side dish ideas to compliment your oven-to-table pizza from TastyMoments.
- Sausages Fry up some tasty sausages before putting the pizza in the oven. Cut the sossies into bite-sized pieces and let the kids tuck into these finger snacks before the main event. Yum. You can always make a healthier version using plant-based sausages.
- Broccoli Soup This vegetable is a source of many nutrients, including loads of minerals and vitamin C. And the soup is so easy to make. Fry up some onion and garlic. Add a chopped potato or two (depending on how thick and hearty you’d like it), add your head of broccoli and cover it with water and salt and pepper to taste. Boil it all up. Wait a bit for it to cool and then liquidize. The perfect healthy starter before the pepperoni pizza pops out.
- Carrot Sticks and A Delicious Dip A perfect partner to fresh and crunchy carrot sticks is a simple dip. Open a tin of tuna and add a few blobs of mayonnaise. Mix, and serve as a starter. It takes only a few minutes and there you have the hit of the year. Better yet, why not get the kids to mush it up and set the table, while you get the rest of the meal together. If you’re all feeling a bit “over it”, you just can buy some hummus and use that as a dip as well.
- A Little Salad Goes A Long Way Simply shake out a few lettuce leaves from a packet into a bowl, add some chopped tomato and feta cheese. When it comes to kids, the dressing is the vital part. Buy a nice Italian dressing when next you hit the stores (or get your groceries delivered, these days) and you will have the perfect side dish in a few minutes. If you’re feeling up to making your own dressing, you can try these quick dressing recipes.
- The Mmmmmagic Of Mushrooms… These often-overlooked little umbrellas are low in calories and cholesterol-free. They contain no fat and over a dozen vitamins and minerals like zinc, potassium and B vitamins. And everyone loves a mushroom – especially if there is a bit of garlic in the mix. So, feel free to throw a few handfuls on the pizza before cooking it. Alternatively, to save time, you could also opt for Dr. Oetker’s Nice‘nEasy On The Side Creamed Spinach and Mushroom as a side dish.
- Turn Up The Beet(root) Whether you drizzle the whole beetroot in a little olive oil and roast them in the oven or buy them in a bottle, the family will love them. Try it tonight and see the smiles.
There we go, weeknights sorted. Phew.
Enjoy these TastyTips?
PS. Have one of your own? Let us know in the comment section below.
Like this article? Share it with your friends.