Your favourite new nibble has arrived! Ever heard of trail mix? Americans have loved this high-energy snack for decades. It's an ideal lunchbox companion, great as an energy booster while hiking the trails (hence the name) or just as a quick at-home snack.
It’s usually packed with fibre and is designed as a pick-me-up. Perfect for when you need a bit more go-go-go when your day is slow-slow-slow.
What is it?
In principle, it’s a mixture of nuts, pretzels, seeds, popcorn, bits of chocolate and dried fruit. The mix is often packed into smaller packets for lunchboxes or car-snacks.
You will need (but can substitute the ingredients and play with the quantities here)
- 1 x cup of toasted pecan nuts (we recommend dry toasting the nuts in the oven because it adds a deliciously rich flavour)
- 1 x cup of toasted peanuts
- 1 x cup of toasted almonds
- 50 grams of milk or dark chocolate chopped into chunks (candied chocolates or nuts also work super well)
- 1 x cup of pretzels (whichever shape you like)
- 1 x cup of dried fruit (chopped into chunks if in large pieces)
How To Make It:
Mix it all together in a large bowl and portion into re-sealable packets to grab-and-go as you need it.
It will change the way you see snacking forever!
Enjoy these TastyTips?
PS. Have one of your own? Let us know in the comment section below.
Like this article? Share it with your friends.