Let’s get breakfast ready!
- Place your bacon and cheese snack slices in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes – pre-heated to 200deg.
- Whilst your slices are baking, sauté the baby tomatoes. Depending on how many people you’re making breakfast for, you decide on how many tomatoes. We’ll be using about 5 for each person.
- In a pan on high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Once pan starts to smoke, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Sauté and shake the pan frequently until the tomatoes soften and the skins begin to wrinkle. ( about 2 minutes)
- Now stir in the 2 crushed garlic cloves and continue to shake and toss the pan until the garlic becomes fragrant. Before removing the tomatoes from the heat, stir in a few fresh basil leaves.
Set aside and keep warm. Now for the mini omelettes.
- In a bowl crack open the eggs. 3 eggs will make 2 mini omelettes. Beat well with a fork until there are no traces of egg whites left. This will produce an omelette which has a lovely even colour.
- Once the eggs have been fully blended like this, season with some salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs and give it another mix.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of milk to the eggs and whisk with your fork, this will help with the fluffiness.
Time to fry!
- Take a small pan, and place on medium -low heat and add a little knob of butter, enough to coat the pan. The secret to a great omelette is low and slow. Pretty much like our vaccine roll out!
- Pour enough egg mixture till the base of the pan is covered. Using a spatula briskly scramble the eggs. At first the eggs will be quite runny. Use the spatula to scramble around the edges and into the centre. Continue doing this until the eggs start to set. Once the eggs begin to set, start moving the pan back and forth and keep stirring simultaneously. The constant shaking and stirring will make for a delicious and creamy omelette. If the pan is too hot it will set and burn the eggs. The residual heat from within the eggs will continue to cook them once you ‘ve removed the eggs from the pan.
- Then, using your spatula gently remove the omelette and carefully roll it into a cigar. Repeat until all your mini omelets are done.
It’s as easy as that! By now, your pizza slices are ready.
- So out the oven and assemble your slices. First the cigar like omelets gets places on the slice.
- Then top with your sautéed tomatoes. You can re-heat them if they need to be warmed up again.
- And some basil leaves to garnish and breakfast is served!
Now good luck getting your kids downstairs and off their phones to join you for breakfast!